100 Best Sweet 16 Songs: The Ultimate Sweet 16 Playlist
Looking for the best sweet 16 songs for your big day? Well, you’ve come to the right place! We’re here to help make sure your sweet sixteen is one you’ll never forget!
Whether you’re having a small house celebration or a full-blown extravaganza at a chic club, you’ll need the best sweet sixteen songs to liven things up.
So, without further ado, let’s get into it!
The Best Sweet 16 Songs 2022
We know your sweet 16 party has to be perfect, and the last thing you need to worry about is the music. So you focus on getting ready and leave the music to us!
We searched through the chart-topping hits of the past year to create your most crucial playlist: the best sweet 16 songs of 2022!
Here’s our list of the 10 best sweet 16 songs 2022:
- “Happy Birthday” – Kygo/John Legend
- “Best Days” – Alessia Cara
- “Drivers License” – Olivia Rodrigo
- “Permission to Dance” – BTS
- “Sixteen” – Ellie Goulding
- “Teenage Dream” – Katy Perry
- “Uptown Funk” – Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars
- “Ice Cream” – BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez
- “Fancy Like” – Walker Hayes
- “It’s My Party” – Jessie J
Our ten sweet 16 songs are guaranteed to get the night started and keep it going, making it an evening you’ll never forget! If you need more music ideas, check out our lists of the best party songs and the best TikTok songs.
Our Favorite Sweet 16 Song 2022
Confession time: we don’t typically gravitate toward listening to or liking boy bands. But BTS has become our guilty pleasure!
“Permission to Dance” is our favorite sweet 16 song of 2022, and here’s why: The energy BTS dishes out in their performance along with the catchy melody will have you dancing and smiling and enjoying the good life.
And isn’t that what your sweet sixteen party should be? Spoiler alert: it is!
So crank up the volume to “Permission to Dance,” and with your friends, make the night yours!
Best Sweet Sixteen Songs of All Time
Now that you have the best songs of the past year, we went the extra mile to include the best sweet 16 songs of all time!
We handpicked twenty-five of the most iconic, super-charged jams that sing about fun times with friends, dancing, and being young.
These are perfect for getting everyone out on the dance floor where you can lift your arms and raise the roof!
Here’s our list of the 25 best sweet 16 songs of all time:
- “Sweet Sixteen” – Hilary Duff
- “Party In the USA” – Miley Cyrus
- “Tik Tok” – Kesha
- “Just Dance” – Lady Gaga
- “Good Feeling” – Flo Rida
- “Dancing Queen” – ABBA
- “Cupid Shuffle” – Cupid
- “I Gotta Feeling” – Black Eyed Peas
- “Wannabe” – Spice Girls
- “You’re Sixteen (You’re Beautiful, and You’re Mine)” – Ringo Starr
- “Titanium” – David Guetta/Sia
- “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” – Jet
- “Birthday” – Katy Perry
- “Hey There Delilah” – Plain White T’s
- “Isn’t She Lovely” – Stevie Wonder
- “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It” – Will Smith
- “Yeah!” – Usher/Lil Jon/Ludacris
- “Oops!… I Did it Again” – Britney Spears
- “Up All Night” – One Direction
- “Run the World (Girls)” – Beyonce
- “Don’t Stop Believing” – Journey
- “Classic” – MKTO
- “Sixteen” – Ellie Goulding
- “Good Time” – Owl City/Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Everytime We Touch” – Cascada
These twenty-five jams are a sure-fire way to ignite the evening and get your gang dancing! But if you want more jams to add to your playlist, then check out our list of the best prom songs for more music.
Our Favorite Best Sweet Sixteen Song of All Time
We went with the Europop sensation from Sweden, ABBA, and chose “Dancing Queen.” The opening intro and chorus is a guaranteed sing-along, and with the disco beat, you’ll be grooving on the dance floor in no time flat!
Toss in the lyrics that talk about a girl being a queen of dance, and we can imagine this song inspiring girls at every sweet sixteen party to dance and have fun!
Sweet 16 Entrance Songs
Okay, so your big day is around the corner. You’ve got your outfit, and you’re all good to go.
But one issue troubles you: what song to use for your entrance.
We know you need a song that when everyone hears it, they’ll scream, “Oh, yeah, that’s so her!” And because no one person is alike, we’ve included a wide selection of music so you can find the perfect song.
Maybe you want to enter the room with the panache Princess Diana exudes. Or perhaps you’re a bit more reserved and need something laid back. And then there are those with a wild streak running through their veins.
Here’s our list of the 25 best sweet 16 entrance songs:
- “Party Rock Anthem” – LMFAO
- “Happy” – Pharrell Williams
- “Roses” – The Chain Smokers
- “Run The World” – Beyonce
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” – Justin Timberlake
- “Let Me Love You” – DJ Snake
- “Danza Kuduro” – Don Omar
- “That’s What I Like” – Bruno Mars
- “Best Friend” – Saweetie
- “Tik Tok” – Keesha
- “Timber” – Pitbull/Keesha
- “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie ft. Q-Tip, GoonRock
- “Bad to the Bone” – George Thorogood
- “Animals” – Martin Garrix
- “Who Run the World” – Beyonce
- “Poison” – Bell Bid Devo
- “Glad You Came” – The Wanted
- “Club Can’t Even Handle Me Right Now” – Flo Rida/David Guetta
- “On the Floor” – Jennifer Lopez/Pitbull
- “One Dance, Look Alive, God’s Plan” – Drake
- “Bodak Yellow, I Like It” – Cardi B
- “Mi Gente” – J Balvin/Willy Williams
- “RITMO” – Black Eyed Peas/J Balvin
- “One Kiss” – Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa
- “Congratulations” – Post Malone
We’re certain that one of these power hits will be perfect for your grand entrance. But if you still haven’t found what you’re looking for, then swing over to our list of the best happy songs for more inspiration.
While you’re chatting with your BFF about what song to choose, we thought you’d want to know which is our favorite. Well, here’s the reveal.
Our Favorite Sweet 16 Entrance Song
We chose “The Club Can’t Handle Me” by Flo Rida, which features David Guetta. This song has a little bit of everything necessary for the perfect entrance song.
The intro reminds us of something Black Eyed Peas would produce, and the tempo is upbeat, which is ideal for dancing, strutting, or sliding across the floor.
The rap on the verses is timeless and puts perspective on the fact that on this special night, “the club can’t even handle” you!
The chorus has a hook that’ll hold only you all night long. You’ll be putting your hands up like a dancing queen and having fun at your sweet sixteen party.
Father-Daughter Sweet 16 Dance Songs
One of the most challenging questions girls will have to answer about their sweet 16 celebrations is: what song will I select for my dance with dad?
As with choosing an entrance song, what music you select is super important and will vary from family to family.
Some fathers are prim and proper, so strutting to a Justin Bieber song may not work. For them, we’ve included an older jazz waltz by Bill Evans that may be ideal.
At the same time, some dads are still young at heart and full of energy, so slow dancing to a classic by Earth, Wind and Fire probably isn’t a good choice either. We’ve included some upbeat hits from yesterday and some new songs that will work.
What we’re trying to say is that we’ve assembled a diverse selection of music that will please any father and daughter team! We included some hits from your dad’s era and some modern gems.
We hope our playlist will work for you, but if not, check out our list of the best summer songs for more song ideas.
Here’s our list of the 25 best father-daughter sweet 16 dance songs:
- “Gracie” – Ben Folds
- “You’re My Best Friend” – Queen
- “My Darling” – Wilco
- “Daughters” – John Mayer
- “Butterfly Kisses” – Bob Carlisle
- “My Girl” – The Temptations
- “All American Girl” – Carrie Underwood
- “When You Say Nothing At All”- Alison Krauss
- “Kind and Gentle” – Natalie Merchant
- “Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrison
- “Father & Daughter” – Paul Simon
- “Isn’t She Lovely” – Stevie Wonder
- “I Hope You Dance” – Lee Anne Womack
- “I Turn To You” – Christina Aguilera
- “Waltz for Debby” – Bill Evans
- “Stand By Me” – Ben E King
- “I Loved Her First” – Heartland
- “My Little Girl” – Tim McGraw
- “Sweet Child of Mine” – Guns N’ Roses
- “The Way You Look Tonight” – Frank Sinatra
- “Just the Way You Are” – Billy Joel
- “How You’ve Grown” – 10,000 Maniacs
- “Dance With My Father” – Luther Vandross
- “Make You Feel My Love” – Adele
- “You Are So Beautiful” – Joe Cocker
What did you think of our twenty-five jams? We hope you found the perfect song that represents you and your father’s relationship, one that will make your night sweet and memorable.
Our Favorite Father-Daughter Sweet 16 Dance Song
Our pick for this all-important dance is “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Anne Womack. We love the energy in the intro with the distorted guitar, even though the song’s tempo is perfect for slow dancing.
But the most critical feature for us was the lyrics which are some of the most inspiring we’ve heard in a long time. And although the lyrics are perfect for a father/daughter dance, they’re also essential to remember in every aspect of life.
When Lee Anne hits the chorus, the melody and the lyrics will make your heart soar and your feet move in time to the beat. We hope and feel this song not only resonates with you and your father, but as the song urges, we hope you dance.
We hope you found our list of the best sweet 16 songs good enough to play at your sweet sixteen party.
Remember, this night is about you, so be sure to select sweet 16 songs that best represent you, are perfect for getting people onto the dance floor, and will make your sweet sixteen one you’ll never forget.
What’s your favorite sweet 16 song? Leave a comment below.
23 Best Songs About Paranoia
Take the edge off paranoia with these iconic songs.
27 Best Songs About Saturday
Get in the mood for the weekend with these iconic Saturday songs.
How To Create A Music Website (Step-By-Step)
Build your reputation online with a professional music website